I am a graduate from the M State Fergus Falls Sustainable Food Production (SFP) program. It is a one year program that teaches you all the basics you need to know to grow food in a way that actually improves the natural environment rather than harming it. I went into the program knowing diddly about farming. Now I can drive tractors, butcher chickens, milk cows, identify 50 types of native grasses and tell you how to best maintain them to feed your livestock on nothing but grass, sunshine, and water. This is just the tip of the iceberg of all I learned in this amazing program.
SFP is only in its third year and school administration has decided to cut the program due to “small student numbers”. Yes, the program only had 6 students in it this last year (full capacity is 20), but M State also has an art program that only has ONE student in it and that program remains.
Please, if you believe in supporting the education of small farmers who want to grow food in a way that improves the health of animals, people, and the world, do me a favor and sign this petition.
If you have any questions about this program or want to talk sustainable agriculture please drop a note in my ask!
- the-ragged reblogged this from kelseyuum and added:
- the-ragged likes this
- craigstir likes this
- complicated-creation reblogged this from kelseyuum and added:
- wellthatwasdifferent likes this
- offensivelyqueer reblogged this from darlingdearestheart
- darlingdearestheart reblogged this from kelseyuum
- complicated-creation said: signed!
- bad-wulf reblogged this from kelseyuum
- trinalo reblogged this from kelseyuum
- kelseyuum posted this